Help Sustain KU TPE - An Inclusive Jayhawk Flock
COVID is making our funding more tenuous than ever during this year of unprecedented budget cuts. We need your help for KU Transition to Postsecondary Education (KU TPE) to continue to provide a cutting-edge opportunity for students with ID who have historically not had access to a university education. Support an #InclusiveKU for students with ID by donating today.
KU TPE is the first and only fully inclusive postsecondary education program in Kansas for students with intellectual disability (ID). Students in KU TPE experience University of Kansas just like any other undergraduate on campus. They prepare for their careers and adult lives through academic, career, and student life experiences.
Students in TPE:
- take credit-bearing courses toward an official undergraduate certificate on the KU transcript;
- participate in KU student clubs, organizations, and activities with fellow Jayhawks;
- have the option to live in KU Housing;
- develop a career pathway including internships each semester;
- partner with other KU students to navigate college life; and
- walk the hill on graduation day
TPE is a collaboration of the KU School of Education & Human Sciences, KU Center on Developmental Disabilities (KU CDD), and the KU Beach Center on Disability and is evidence of KU’s mission to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and policies throughout KU.