LEAP! (Lifestyle Empowerment for Alzheimer’s Prevention)
LEAP! (Lifestyle Empowerment for Alzheimer’s Prevention) is an educational program designed by experts at the KU Alzheimer’s Disease Center. Our mission is to equip you with information and tools that enable you to take action and reduce your risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease. We focus on practical strategies for healthy lifestyle change and offer two class formats, LEAP! Brain Health Boot Camp and LEAP! Workshops.
LEAP! Brain Health Boot Camp (BHB)
This six-week series about the fundamentals of Alzheimer’s disease prevention includes our textbook – Brainpower Blueprint: Simple Strategies for Optimal Brain Health.
Topics include nutrition, physical activity and exercise, stress management, social engagement, cognitive engagement, and sleep.
BHB online will be launching soon!
LEAP! Workshops are interactive classes that are held monthly on a variety of brain health topics.
Help LEAP! continue to improve the lives of our community by making a gift today.
- A gift of $50 supports general LEAP! programming.
- A gift of $75 allows 1 person to take the in-person LEAP! Brain Health Boot Camp at the KU CRC in Fairway.
- A gift of $125 allows 1 person to take LEAP! Brain Health Boot Camp Online (launching soon!).
- A gift of $350 pays for 1 LEAP! Workshop at the KU CRC (24 participants).
- A gift of $500 pays for 1 LEAP! Workshop in Rural Kansas (24 participants)
Thank you for your support!
This project is sponsored by Women Philanthropists for KU (WP4KU). WP4KU is focused on engaging and educating women and the community about the University of Kansas. Their mission is to encourage women to support KU through their philanthropy and leadership, and to explore ways to address the interests of women donors through KU Endowment.